What do we do?
We use natural health care methods to mobilize the body’s own healing abilities. We focus on anatomy and function of the skeleton, mainly the spine, and the correction of neuromuscular problems without the use of drugs and surgery. We are regulated by College of Chiropractors of Ontario, Canada, and are authorize to diagnose, and perform manipulative therapy to treat neuromusculoskeletal problems (nerves, muscles, bones).
The main focus of therapy is spine. The sublexations which arise from stressors that are placed upon the biomechanical system. Those sublexations are treated by gentle spinal manipulation. The effectiveness of this therapy is well supported by research.
How do we determine the source of pain?
We use complex orthopedic and neurological tests, specific to given anatomical area. We than compare the results of those tests to radiological picture. We analyze radiographs calculating specific angels and distances, which are often altered as a result of biomechanical changes.
Then we explain the results of examination to our patients, and propose the best course of therapeutic action.
What methods do we use?
We use three stat-of-the-art cold laser units, equipped with up to 32 therapeutic heads. We use axial and angular traction tables to decompress effected discs. We also prescribe therapeutic exercises and prescribe custom made orthotics
What are the benefits of Laser Therapy?
The benefits of Laser Therapy are:
- Rapid cell growth. Laser light accelerates cellular reproduction and growth.
- Faster wound healing. Laser light stimulates fibroblast development in damaged tissue.
- Increased metabolic activity. Higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells and a more effective immune system are induced by laser light.
- Reduced fibrous tissue formation. Laser light reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, and bums or following surgery.
- Anti-inflammatory action. Laser light reduces swelling caused by bruising or inflammation of joints to give improved joint mobility.
- Increased vascular activity. Laser light will regenerate lymph vessels and veins to allow the affected tissue to achieve the best possible circulation.
- Stimulated nerve function. Slow recovery of nerve function in damaged tissue can result in “dead” limbs or numb areas. Laser light will speed the process of nerve cell reconnection to bring the numb areas back to life. Laser light also increases the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle action.
Chiropractic is a branch of the health sciences which focusses upon the body’s neuromusculoskeletal system. A chiropractor is concerned with how your body’s skeletal and nervous system is functioning. Since your spine is the key highway for your central nervous system, a chiropractor is trained to use a variety of diagnostic methods to examine and treat your spine and bone structure.
Although the major focus of chiropractic is on the spine and central nervous system, your chiropractor is concerned with the wellness of your whole body. Since your nervous system determines how well you feel physically, mentally, and emotionally, many problems you are experiencing may be related to a problem with your spine and nervous system.
Therapeutic method consist of manipulation, physiotherapy, electrotherapy, work place ergonomics, education, life style motivation and prescription of orthotics.
The Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College is accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education of Canada (CCEC). CCEC is incorporated under the laws of Canada and has adopted standards similar to those of the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE) which is recognized by the United States Department of Education, thereby establishing international standards of accreditation for the profession.
Ministry of Health established recommendation and guidelines to treat lower back pain. Committee consisted of medical and chiropractic doctors.
Based on scientific evidence, experts recommended manipulation of cervical spine to treat neck pain and cervicogenic headaches.
Recently, World Federation of Chiropractic became an official member of World Health Organization, World Neurological Federation, and International Organization of Medical Sciences.